What Does ‘Link Your Portfolio’ Mean?
Connected Portfolio on the Investmint app is a feature where you can connect your broker with the Investmint app, which will create a personalised feed for you with all the stocks in your holding.
Post linking, you can see all the important news items for all the stocks in your portfolio under the ‘Portfolio’ section on the Home page. This way, you will be up to date with all the latest news and action of the stocks in your portfolio.
How Do You Link Your Portfolio With Investmint?
To link your portfolio in the Investmint app, first, you need to navigate to the ‘Portfolio’ tab. Next, you need to click on the ‘link portfolio’ button. After that, select your broker of choice and log in.
Once you complete these steps, your holdings will be analysed, and a personalised feed with the stocks in your portfolio will be available to you under the ‘for you’ tab’.
What Are The Benefits Of Linking Your Portfolio On Investmint?
Linking your portfolio to the Investmint app has 2 benefits.
- Customised news feed: Once you link your portfolio on the Investmint app, It gives you a personalised news feed for all the stocks that you have in your portfolio. This allows you to keep track of all the individual stocks in your portfolio with real time updates.
- Buy/Sell from the app: After linking your portfolio, you have the option to buy or sell the stocks from the app itself. You can buy more or sell your holdings on the Investmint app with a few quick taps.
Q. What does the briefcase icon mean besides some stocks?
The briefcase icon beside some of the news cards means you have that stock in your portfolio. The briefcase symbol will only appear once you have linked or connected your portfolio with the Investmint app.
After you connect your portfolio to the app, you will get important news items on all the stocks that are present in your portfolio, with a briefcase icon beside them.
Q. Can I link multiple portfolios from different demat accounts?
Currently, you can only link one portfolio with the Investmint app. This is done for your benefit, as you will be able to monitor your stocks and trade them seamlessly with the Investmint app. However, don’t worry. We are working on adding support for multiple portfolios, so keep an eye out for the same.
Q. How do I unfollow some of the stocks from my following list?
If you wish to unfollow a stock from your 'Following' tab, follow these steps.
- Step 1: Go to the 'Following' tab under the 'All Signals' section on the home page, and then click on the Following button beside the ‘Portfolio’ icon.
- Step 2: Tap on the manage button in the Following tab, after which you will see all the stocks you follow.
- Step 3: Just click on the ‘Following’ button beside the stock that you want to unfollow, or search for the stock name and click on the ‘Following’ button.
- Step 4: If you change your mind, don’t worry. You can come back later, follow Steps 1& 2, and just tap on the ‘+Follow now’ button beside the unfollowed stock, and you’ll start getting signals on it again.